Iron Chef Moo takes on Blogathon 2007 to raise funds for the National Kidney Foundation.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chocolate Chai Cheesecake

A great twist on an old favorite...

For the crust:

1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies
1/2 cup butter, melted


Combine and press hard into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan



For the Filling:

1 pound softened cream cheese - mine is freshly made by John Aylward!
2 cups heavy sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ounce grated dark chocolate
1 bar Dagoba Chai chocolate, grated





Beat together cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and chocolate until just smooth. Add eggs, beating at low speed til just combined, then stir in sour cream. Turn into the crust and bake at 375F for 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.



Remember our Pentamere Cherry Wine Sorbet from earlier? It's done! And off to the freezer with it!



We'll check back on that cheesecake in an hour!

1 comment:

Christina Gleason @ WELL, in THIS House said...

I have a question... Does chai taste like tea? The reason I ask is because I don't like tea, and I don't know if chai is a type of tea or something just used to flavor tea, or if I'm completely off and it isn't tea-related at all. Because chocolate cheesecake sounds delicious, but not if I can taste tea.

Oh, and I've given you some publicity in a few web forums and from my Cutest Baby Ever blog. Maybe you'll get a few more donors!