Iron Chef Moo takes on Blogathon 2007 to raise funds for the National Kidney Foundation.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another PSA!

Hey y'all, let me introduce you to my new pal, Vint DeGraw.

Vint gave me a bit of a surprise the other day, contacting me out of the blue to tell me that he had found one of my blogs - turns out, he found a post from Google Blogoscoped, run by my friend and former Google Answers colleague, Philip Lenssen. Philip had kindly posted some information about Blogathon for me...and that led Vint to me.

Vint is the Vice President of the Alport Syndrome Foundation. He's got a vested interest in finding a cure for Alport Syndrome - he's got it himself!

Vint has over 10 years experience as a volunteer leader, and is known for his dedication and organizational skills. He holds a B.S. degree in Social Science from Southern Utah University and currently manages the Tooele Employment Center for the Utah Department of Workforce Services. Vint has Alport Syndrome and has had two kidney transplants, separated by 20 months of dialysis. He is married and lives in Tooele, Utah with his four children. His daughter has Alport Syndrome as well.


Vint, it turns out, has a connection to David. He asked me:

Is there any chance that his mother's name is Nancy?

I've been communicating with Nancy about Alport Syndrome for the past 2 years. If this is the same David, what a coincidence!


Yep. He knows David's Mom! How teeny the Internet has made our world!

Please do take a moment to visit the Alport Syndrome Foundation website - it's stuffed full of information, as well as support resources for Alport patients.

Don't forget to throw some support to the National Kidney Foundation! Every little bit helps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the PSA about the Foundation! We have been up and running for about 2 months and so far the support has been wonderful.

It really is an amazing story that I would find David through Maggie and Nancy completely separate from each other.

Both are passionate about finding cures or better treatments for Alport Syndrome. I am too. I have it and my daughter carries the gene.

Thanks again Maggie!